SAN JUAN SUMMIT
Pixy delivers your
you want them
- Manufacturing provides one out of every seven non-metropolitan jobs in America.
- It pays higher wages than any other sector in America except mining.
- It provides nearly twice the share of employment and earnings in rural places as in urban areas.
- Manufacturing provides more jobs and contributes 25% more to rural economies than agriculture.
- It provides slightly more jobs in retail and at far better pay.
- Nearly twice as many rural jobs as construction.
- Five times as many world jobs as mining.
- Much of this economic output is being driven by small locally owned firms.
- The average size of all manufacturers worldwide is 20 employees.
- So this is a very much a small business phenomenon in rural America.
Why 4 Corners?
1. Colorado, Utah & Arizona companies struggling to recruit employees in light manufacturing. They have
not heard of the features and benefits of the 4 corners.
2. Serving as a bridge to connect 4 Corners economic development to Think Tanks and institutes focused on Rural Economic development in Colorado, NM, AZ, and Utah. 4 Corners Convergence serves as a regional hub. Where else have we seen such models work?
3. Focus on growing smaller industries in the area, such as tourism, manufacturing & High tech with a plan to bring in international groups and building cross state alliances.
What Message Would Spark their interest?
- how would you like lower taxes?
- how would you like lower wages?
- how would you like a pro business environment?
- how would you like a labor pool to pick from instead of full employment?
- how would you like a college training a work ready workforce
- how would you like ____________matching funds
- how would you like warmer weather
- how would you like better recreational / leisure programming for your family
- how would you like no commute times
What Type of Business May Consider
Moving Operations to 4 Corners?
Below are some targets I would start chasing in a very aggressive manner:
Reach all their decision makers and instill urgency:
Best Practice is Pixy.
9 Different Campaigns to 9 Different Targets
Where Else has this Program Worked?
What Kind of Messaging Sticks or Resonates?
begin at 4:57
100s of Bands & Art Installations
Burn Down the Beast symbolic of Politicians, Wall Street, IRS, CIA - No Racists
Skaters but No Haters, Bikers but No Fighters - Peaceful Expression of an Awakening
More Bike Trails than Moab
4 Corners Film Festival
Karl May Festival
target wealthy European tourists
We also batted around the idea
Karl May (German Writer) sold
200 Million copies - Minnetou
set in American West
Warren discussed importance that
we not be involved in stereotyping so sensitivity paramount (i.e. No Cultural Appropriation or racist themes)
Also discussed affluent & active
seniors with discretionary cash. Example- A Lake Forest Illinois citizen tired of
cold wanting 320 days of sunshine and where to find affordable housing as they transition into more restrictive levels of care as people age.